Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tonight...

Night 3...still drunk...still drinking for that matter.
regardless.
I got in an argument about music tonight...which is the worst kind of argument for me to get in because, normally, I will just back down and tell you that you are right no matter what because I fear confrontation...but I am very opinionated about music...and I will fight, to the death, about being right about what I think about music. So anyway, I was trying to defend the point that if you could maintain your moral credibility(to yourself) and still make a bunch of money, you would be an idiot to not go down the road that leads to a million dollars...it just blows my mind that people who have lived long enough to know what its like to be poor can grasp so firmly to the idealistic view of "not selling out". Maybe 5 years of art school made me jaded...but I know that I would go for the money in a heart beat...or maybe I'm just old and I'm embracing the fact that I love pop music. I feel that it's simply a natural progression to go from holding on to the underground that raised you to accepting the fact that you can reach a larger audience while making a comfortable living if you are signed to a major label (or working for rolling stone, or making commissioned paintings for the white house etc...) blah enough about that...but, on a related note, if you wanted to hear some really decent (albeit paranoid to the point of making me question if he's schizophrenic) rap you should listen to immortal technique...it's good, he hates the government...and almost everything else...but it's good. 
I feel like I have more to say but I also feel that it would be redundant to keep going at this point. So, for now, I'm done. 

PS. I really like lil wayne and I think you should too (that was the artist I was arguing in defense of tonight...)

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Why would you lie about how much coal you have?
Why would you lie about something dumb like that?
Why would you lie about anything at all?
First the window, then it's to the wall
Lil' Jon, he always tells the truth



Vampire Weekend Lyrics, Oxford Comma