Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My insomnia is stronger than gas station liquor

Im not drunk tonight. I was drunk tonight but have since sobered up, I havent been sleeping much lately. I also think it's a distinct possibility that I am close to having watched every episode of every decent tv series that has come out in the last 15 years. I have an insatiable appetite for all things pop culture, If I could only throw this passion into something useful...or find a way to make it lucrative that doesnt involve a quiz show. 
I cant even admit, to the two or three people that may actually read this, what I did tonight...that makes it seem worse than it was...Im still not proud of myself...but booze makes me think that I know about things that I dont know about at all...like producing rap songs...At least I wasnt the one rapping. I guess I can admit it. 
onward
So after listening to Immortal Technique a little more I realized that the paranoia and obnoxious political references make him more of a waste of time than anything else...if youre looking for decent rap(or more specifically rap with latin american influences/MCs) listen to jedi mind tricks and/or Army of the Pharaohs. Im pretty sure that during one ten minute block of listening to Immortal Technique today I heard him claim to be atheist, communist, terrorist, and nihilist(not to mention the shit about the government tapping all our phones, and being out to kill him because he knows too much)...Just ridiculous shit...It was better drunk. 
what isnt.
I find writing in here sober to be more difficult than doing it drunk...or otherwise intoxicated. I need something to mute what normally censors even my internal monologue. 
Its after 5am, Im done...more tv shows. Pray that I sleep sometime.

No comments: